Monday, October 1, 2012

Finished! World Circus E-Newsletter Update 10

    Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Children of all ages.... 
THE FILM IS DONE!!  
...or close enough to done that Friday September 21st, the film was submitted & shipped off to the Sundance Film Festival with fingers crossed that it will be accepted to screen this winter. An answer will come in December, so we have a while to wait. The film will be submitted to other top film festivals around the world to get the ball rolling for the film to be out in the world. 


NOTES FROM Director / Producer Angela Snow 
THE FILM
The film looks and sounds absolutely spectacular. It turned out just as I had hoped. A tribute to circus art, culture, and history around the world, as well as very personal stories and behind the scenes looks at the Monte Carlo Circus Festival.
WHAT HAPPENED 
 Some exciting things started to happen, and the film drew some attention from people that matter in the film world, so I put my head down and somehow raced to the finish line. 

The finishing Post Production team really put the cherry on top of all the work Ian Issitt and I did filming in Europe, Canada & the US. 
  • EDITING: Emma Morris, award winning editor, whittled down the 200 hours of footage to tell a gripping, smooth, and deep story. That process took about 20 weeks. 
  • MUSIC: Charles Newman, composer and engineer/producer for bands such as The Magnetic Fields, composed an amazing sound track to the film that enhances the visuals and story beyond what I could have hoped for. There are also a few tracks of music that will be from well known, and lesser well known, indie bands.  
  • GRAPHICS: Vince Clemente, filmmaker & graphic designer, swept in & cleaned up all the graphics and text to really give the film all the pieces of a clean & professional film. 
  • OTHER ESSENTIAL PEOPLE: the translators, advisers, and those who gave feedback during test screenings lent their time and wonderful brains for the film. 
IT TOOK THIS LONG TO FINISH BECAUSE.....Documentary filmmaking is NOT a quick process, especially since I've been working full time in the TV industry during this process. Just in this last month I was in New York, Los Angeles, and Alaska on TV shows. Over the last few years, I also made the not so minor move from Los Angeles to New York, where the city has welcomed me and the film with open arms. I've also juggled finishing my short documentary, "Runaway Circus", and screened it at festivals, continued filming on my next documentary in Peru, "Solo No Puedo", and started a non-profit with friends called, Yantalo International Volunteer House, to build housing for volunteers in Yantalo, Peru. I can hardly remember a time when I didn't set my alarm early in order to have meetings and work on the film before my "job" and then continue after hours into the night. But all worth it!   
    NEXT
    • There is paperwork and technical finishing details that I still have to take care of before calling the film finished finished. A Producer's job is never done! 
    • The film will be submitted to Film Festivals, deals for distribution will be sought, screenings planned & DVD sales arranged. 
    • Updates happen daily on
        FACEBOOK - so like the page to keep updated
       
       
    • DVDs will be available after the Festival rounds are made and distribution deals worked out.  
    • More patience.   

    THANK YOU
    I want to thank you all for your patience and interest in the film over these many years (since filming started winter of 2009). I have been so grateful to the generous donations and support that have kept the film going financially, as well as kept my sanity and motivation afloat. 

    I CANNOT WAIT TO SHARE THIS FILM WITH EVERYONE! 


    KEEP UPDATED & FOLLOW ON  FACEBOOK. Follow the film on TWITTERCheck out the WEBSITESpread the word.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment